Our Casperita, Orangita and Black Kat pumpkin varieties varieties grow their pumpkins from the crown of the plant and only have short vines. Each plant will produce 5-8 pumpkins weighing about 1 pound each. Looking to grow a larger pumpkin in a pot? Try “Scream II".
Step by Step:
- Choose a large container, at least 5 gal.
- Make sure the container has drainage holes
- Fill with container mix and compost.
- Plant 2-3 seeds in each pot. Thin to 1
- Place in sunny location slightly off the ground
- Water regularly; sometimes daily in hot weather
- Feed every 3 weeks with a balanced fertilizer
- Pick your pumpkins as they mature (75-90 day)