(8 oz.-1 lb.) Black Kat F1 is a personal sized, very dark green hybrid pumpkin that is just the right size for restaurant use or for displays. This pumpkin combines a stunning look with a classic shape. Black Kat F1 has a semi-bush habit and is a very good producer. Great for display alongside Casperita F1 and Orangita F1. Will start turning orange after approximately 2 months of storage. PM Race 2 and WMV tolerant. Plant no earlier than June 22. 77 days.
100-300 seeds/oz. (Seed Variable); 1-4 lbs./acre.; 7 days, 72°F.
Start early indoors in pots and transplant after last spring frost. Can also be seeded directly in the field after soil temperature is 72°F.
Pumpkins in Pots? Yes you Can!!
These Casperita F1, Orangita F1, and Black Kat F1 varieties grow their pumpkins from the crown of the plant and only have short vines. Each plant will produce 5-8 pumpkins weighing about 1 pound each. Looking to grow a larger pumpkin in a pot? Try Scream II.
Step by Step:
1. Choose a large container, at least 5 gals
2. Make sure the container has drainage holes
3. Fill with container mix and compost.
4. Plant 2-3 seeds in each pot. Thin to 1
5. Place in sunny location slightly off the ground
6. Water regularly; sometimes daily in hot weather
7. Feed every 3 weeks with a balanced fertilizer
8. Pick your pumpkins as they mature (75-90 days)
tesasiverhus (verified owner) –
easy to start, easy to grow. Semi bush habit with a few runners! LOVED this pumpkin! I know I will sell out of it! THanks!