Casperita F1 Hybrid Pumpkin Seeds
$2.98 – $369.00
(8 oz.-1 lb.) Stays White! Casperita F1 Hybrid is a great personal size pumpkin with a classic pumpkin shape. It is delicious as well as ornamental and very productive. It is a great size for restaurant use and excellent for display. Semi-bush plants. Tolerant to PM Race 2 and WMV. C. pepo. 77 days.
100-300 seeds/oz. (Seed Variable); 1-4 lbs./acre.; 7 days, 72°F.
Start early indoors in pots and transplant after last spring frost. Can also be seeded directly in the field after soil temperature is 72°F.
Pumpkins in Pots? Yes you Can!!
These Casperita F1, Orangita F1, and Black Kat F1 varieties grow their pumpkins from the crown of the plant and only have short vines. Each plant will produce 5-8 pumpkins weighing about 1 pound each. Looking to grow a larger pumpkin in a pot? Try Scream II.
Step by Step:
1. Choose a large container, at least 5 gals
2. Make sure the container has drainage holes
3. Fill with container mix and compost.
4. Plant 2-3 seeds in each pot. Thin to 1
5. Place in sunny location slightly off the ground
6. Water regularly; sometimes daily in hot weather
7. Feed every 3 weeks with a balanced fertilizer
8. Pick your pumpkins as they mature (75-90 days)
DP Seeds Variety, F1 Hybrid, No Organic Equivalent